Aerial Yoga

5/04/2014


I’m definitely not a yoga fanatic but I’ve dabbled in a few different types of classes. I’ve tried both regular/hot pilates. Hot pilates was a pretty good workout, but my favourite has to be aerial yoga! It’s basically yoga but using hammocks!

The studio Michelle and I go to for pole also offers aerial yoga. I think in the first class, we actually inverted - I was so uncomfortable being upside down, but after a few classes I started to get the hang of things. It definitely helps with flexibility and it's fun learning how to position your body within the hammock so you can balance in different poses.



 

Tree Pose


 

Straddle




King Pigeon




Attempting front splits




Leg wrap

 
 
 
annnnd me trying to get out of this position...
 
Obviously I'm not a pro lol, it's just for funsies and another way to challenge myself. Definitely check it out if you're looking to try something new.

You Might Also Like

0 comments