Makeup Favourites

3/25/2014

How I wear makeup is totally based on my mood.  For the most part, I’ll be wearing minimal/no makeup (because aint nobody got time every morning to go all out). But then I’ll have days where I’m wearing a full face, just because. Either way, I’m most likely using some of these products.



Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer

– I know this product is old news but it’s definitely my go-to concealer. It’s good for lazy people because you just need to click, swipe, pat and you’re done.  You don’t need to worry about squeezing out too much product or using a brush. I use shade medium.

Urban Decay Naked palette

– Easy for everyday (I use the shade Naked) or for a night out (I usually use Sin, Smog, Darkhorse, and Creep).

Elf Eyebrow Kit

– eyebrows make a huge difference! I fill mine in with just the powder from this kit. I find that the wax is too heavy for everyday. I have the shade medium – it comes in light, medium, dark, and ash.

Maybelline the Rocket Volum’ Express mascara

– all mascaras I get need to be waterproof, otherwise they just fall down and never hold a curl. The biggest compliment I’ve ever received on my eyelashes was when someone asked me if I was wearing falsies and I was just wearing this mascara! Ok this may not be a big deal to anyone but it was to me since mine are naturally sparse and point straight down.

NYC bronzer in “Sunny”

– inexpensive, nice tone, and blends well. I’ve gone through a ton of these and will keep repurchasing.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in “Soft and Gentle”

– great to use as a highlighter for a nice glow. Plus this will last forever since I only use a tiny amount of it on 3 small spots of my face (tops of cheek bones and bridge of nose).

Then to take all that lovely makeup off… I use Kirkland face wipes from Costco (they’re inexpensive and get the job done) and Neutrogena Oil-Free eye make-up remover. I actually only use the Neutrogena makeup remover if I’m wearing mascara or heavy eye makeup.

It's a small list and I don't have a favourite in every category - that's because I haven't really found one that I can call my favourite yet! The hunt continues...

You Might Also Like

0 comments