My Favourite Vegetarian Restaurants

3/24/2014

I've been vegetarian for almost 10 years now and I gotta say it's easier now than it was when I first started. Most restaurants now offer at least 1 vegetarian alternative and I find that full-veg restaurants are more popular than they used to be. To date, I've only tried one western style vegan resto which was good, but I love me some Chinese food which is why my list of fave places to eat are Chinese-vegetarian. 

Gourmet Vegetarian Restaurant

280 W Beaver Creek Rd
Richmond Hill, ON 
Website 



I probably frequent this place the most out of all other restaurants because it's close by, reasonably priced, and sooo good. I've had dim sum, lunch, and dinner here before and love it all but I definitely go here the most for dinner. I order the exact same thing almost every time; so much so that the waitress knows my order before I even place it.

My favourites:
  • Sweet and sour chicken (featured in pic above)
  • Lemon chicken 
  • Shanghai noodles 
  • Shark fin soup
  • BBQ pork pastry (only available at dim sum on weekends)
  •  

Lotuspond Vegetarian Restaurant 

3838 Midland Ave
Toronto, ON 
Website


This is my favourite place to go for dim sum, not so much for dinner. Pricing here is also reasonable.

My dim sum favourites:
  • Seaweed roll (featured in pic above)
  • Shrimp dumplings 
  • Baby bok choi dumplings 
  • Pan fried turnip cake 
  • Lo mai gai (sticky rice wrapped in leaf)


Buddhist Vegetarian Kitchen

3290 Midland Ave 
Toronto, ON


Another great spot for a low-cost dinner. This place is pretty small and I think it's been around for over 20 years. My family always gets take out from here.

My favourites:
  • Rice noodle with beef in black bean sauce (featured in pic above)
  • Lo han vegetable chow mein 
  • Pan fried stuffed bean curd rolls
  •  

Wu Tai Vegetarian Restaurant

8425 Woodbine Ave
Markham, ON
Website
 

This place is definitely more "high end" compared to any of the above restos. It doesn't look that nice from the outside but it's presentable once you walk in. You'll be able to tell that the quality of food is better than that of the other restaurants listed above. The service is really good plus the décor and dishware are fancier than what you would see at a typical Chinese eatery. On that note, be prepared to dish out a couple extra bucks per plate (teehee @ awful pun). 

My favourites:
  • Crispy tofu with sauce (featured in pic above)
  • Pan fried dumplings 
  • Mushroom and vegetables dumplings

If you're looking to cut down on meat or try something different, I'd definitely check these places out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments