What's in my grocery bag?

1/29/2015


What helps me maintain a healthy diet? Stocking my fridge and pantry with lots of healthy foods! I totally still have cravings for junk food, but if they’re not readily available at home then I'm less likely to snack on them.

When I go grocery shopping, I try to buy more produce than packaged goods. The more veggies and fruits I see, the happier it makes me. I love going COSTCO! I’ll usually go there because they have awesome produce in bulk. Plus they've started selling organic superfoods/healthier foods (e.g. chia seeds, coconut oil, quinoa, agave nectar, etc) - at a much better price too! The only downside is that their produce section isn't as extensive as a regular supermarket. Enter Freshco. I'll go there to pick up what Costco doesn’t sell or stuff I don’t need huge quantities of (e.g. peppers, onions, etc).


Here was what I got at the grocery store:

Vegetables
-          A box of spinach
-          A box of mixed field greens
-          A box of baby kale and arugula
-          A bunch of kale
-          A bunch of cilantro
-          A box of pea shoots
-          1 cucumber
-          5 beets
-          3 jalapeno peppers
-          1 bag of assorted bell peppers
-          1 red onion
-          1 bag of avocado
-          1 package of grape tomatoes
-           

Fruits
-          1 large bag of gala apples
-          1 bag of oranges
-          1 bag of clementines
-          2 bunches of bananas
-          1 large box of strawberries
-          1 bag of frozen blueberries

Other
-          1 bag of hemp hearts (great sprinkled on cereal or salads)

I realize this is a lot of food but I eat salads and smoothies every day, and snack on fruit too so this is kind of the norm for me.  Plus anything that’s leftover by the weekend I simply throw in my juicer for an energizing breakfast.

Noms for dayssss!

You Might Also Like

0 comments